- GE Aviation - 274 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
It's an exciting time to be joining our Cheltenham site where we're working on some of aviation's biggest platforms! This great opportunity will manage two key existing product groups with responsibility for maintenance of design (including managing obsolescence), efficiencies / improvements and providing production / the supply chain with technical support. It would suit someone who's passionate about product engineering / support and looking to take the next step in their career development.
Known internally to GE as Lead Engineer - Electronic Hardware key responsibilities of the role will be;
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks
- Some latitude to deviate from those conditions
- Expedites orders where necessary
- Educated to degree standard in Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- A sufficient level of relevant experience in an engineering position
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be
maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance
cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of
employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the
link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence others and take the lead in multi-functional teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Caree
- Full time
Posted 1 Feb 2020
Closes 1 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer