Assistant Project Lead - Construction
- Ryanair - 69 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ryanair/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/dcb21470-b150-4f7f-aae6-3f8f70584a37131197229877749286.png
Madridanos, Castilla y León, Spain
Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe's largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 153 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 86 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737's on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe's No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe's greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO\u2082 emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
Ryanair, Europe's favourite airline, are looking to recruit a Construction Assistant who will assist the Construction Project Manager in the development of Aircraft Hangars, Flight Simulator Facilities, New Base setups and many different and interesting construction projects to support our current aircraft fleet of 460 and increasing over the coming years. You will assist with the planning and execution of various construction projects which will accommodate our Aircraft, Support Personnel and Training requirements. This position is based in our Dublin office.
This is an exciting role that covers many disciplines and takes projects from feasibility analysis right through to completion, engaging with contractors and design team members. Ideally you will have excellent AutoCAD skills for this role.
As Construction Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of feasibility documents for projects including initial layouts in AutoCAD. This will include site visits and preparing schemes that fit our needs. In larger projects, these will be development further by Design Professionals.
- Monitor all construction projects and visit sites regularly to assess planned versus actual progress and generate reports. This requires European Travel.
- Main contractor tender assessment and recommendations.
- Assist in the production of construction contract conditions and specifications to ensure our requirements are delivered.
- Liaise with airport authorities and with planning departments/officers to ensure project compliance
- Control utilities connections/contracts and ensure a timely delivery
- Liaise with the relevant Contractors & Sub-Contractors, monitor performance in terms of time, cost, quality and health and safety.
- Degree or Recognised Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction, Architecture, Building Surveying or related discipline
- Excellent IT skills, in particular strong AutoCAD user
- At least 3 years work experience on construction projects
- Excellent English oral and written communications
- Be a Self-starter who can operate effectively in a dynamic and fast paced organization
- Confident & upbeat personality
- Full time
- Boeing 737-100 / 0200
Posted 31 Jan 2020
Closes 1 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager