Procurement Manager - Engineering
- easyJet - 52 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 250 aircraft flying over 700 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 70 million passengers a year, we employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Procurement Team manage a significant proportion of the total easyJet external spend which in FY17 is expected to amount to £1Billion per annum, covering Customer, Operations including Ground Handling, Commercial, Business, Corporate, Finance, People, Engineering & Maintenance and IT functions
- The Procurement Manager is allocated a portfolio of spend to which he/she produces and delivers a Procurement Category Plan
- In order to deliver the Procurement Category Plan, the Procurement Manager will be required to complete spend and market analysis, stakeholder and supplier engagement plans, lead full tender processes including template drafting both for existing contracts and new requirements, and manage supplier relationships to ensure that easyJet receive best value from its expenditure
- Be a proactive business partner to their respective category to provide all procurement support and advice necessary to achieve the strategic objectives of easyJet
- Promote great SRM and take an active role in SRM for the strategic suppliers in their category
- Develop and implement clear short / mid / long term strategies to drive value on the allocated category of spend
- Influence a range of key internal stakeholders to support and buy in to chosen strategy.
- Build relationships at board level with suppliers to leverage easyJet's strategic importance, and subsequently negotiate charges that secure competitive advantage.
- Identify appropriate sourcing, through a balanced scorecard approach, to best meet easyJet's requirements.
- Manage the tender process, negotiation and subsequent contracting for service/product provision.
- Drive continuous improvement within the supply base, and deliver a pipeline of value engineering projects to reduce easyJet spend.
- Monitor actual financial performance against plan, and investigate / explain variances appropriately
- Work closely with the Business Area to agree clear service specifications to meet business requirements.
- Support supplier relationship management policies to ensure consistent practises and develop supplier relationships.
- Full time
Posted 30 Jan 2020
Closes 29 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Airline buyer