Deputy Duty Engineer
- easyJet - 55 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet flies more of Europe's most popular routes than any other airline and carries more than 100 million passengers annually. We fly over 334 aircraft on 1061 routes to 159 airports across 36 countries.
The airline takes sustainability seriously and is the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across its whole network. The airline is achieving this goal by offsetting the carbon emissions from the fuel used for all of its flights. This means since 2000 easyJet has reduced the carbon emissions for each kilometre flown by a passenger by over one-third (33.67%) and is on track to meet its target of a 38% reduction by 2022.
The airline was recently named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2019 in the transport sector.
easyJet's engineering and maintenance team are renowned for their innovative solutions and as part of the team you will have the opportunity to engage with all aspects of the airlines operation delivering the highest standards of Aircraft performance.
The Deputy Duty Engineer is an essential member of the Line Maintenance production team. you will support the Duty Engineer in managing your shift as well as the operation and planned maintenance activities. As required you will deputise for the Duty Engineer ensuring the continued smooth running of the operation and the delivery of a best in class maintenance service, maintaining the highest standards of safety and operational excellence at all times. Safety is easyJet's highest priority and as part of your role you will ensure that the planned in-house maintenance activity supports both regulatory standards and easyJet's industry-leading safety and technical standards.
- Support the Duty Engineer with the people management of your team to effectively drive performance and engagement from the team
- To exercise your license / approval in relation to the accomplishment of scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and rectification of defects, to ensure maintenance is accomplished to the required standards and the operating programme is achieved in an efficient and safe manner.
- Recording and issuing of certificates of release to service for the work accomplished in accordance with the current company and customer procedures and legislation.
- To advise the Duty Engineer of any impending service disruptions, problems or areas of concern that may have an impact on the operating programme and keeping the Duty Engineer informed of all work performed during the shift.
- To ensure that all documentation and its certification is completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures to meet Company procedures and legislation.
- To ensure that replacement parts and components are of an approved type, correctly certified and released and are physically inspected prior to fitting to aircraft or component. Ensure that removed components are correctly handled, labeled and blanked.
- To compile and report of Technical Delay / Out of Service Reports in a timely manner. Reporting significant defects, discrepancies, incidents, accidents and events as required by the company and customer procedures.
- Full time
Posted 29 Jan 2020
Closes 28 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Airline customer service