B2 Licensed Engineer
- easyJet - 54 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet flies more of Europe's most popular routes than any other airline and carries more than 100 million passengers annually. We fly over 334 aircraft on 1061 routes to 159 airports across 36 countries.
The airline takes sustainability seriously and is the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across its whole network. The airline is achieving this goal by offsetting the carbon emissions from the fuel used for all of its flights. This means since 2000 easyJet has reduced the carbon emissions for each kilometre flown by a passenger by over one-third (33.67%) and is on track to meet its target of a 38% reduction by 2022.
The airline was recently named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2019 in the transport sector.
easyJet's engineering and maintenance team are renowned for their innovative solutions; from working on drone technology to increase our efficiency and accuracy with aircraft performance checks, to our partnership with Airbus on a joint research project on hybrid and electric aircraft. As part of the team, you can expect to join a forward thinking, fast paced team of industry leading engineers. As we continue to expand our operations across the UK and Europe, there is plenty of opportunity to progress your career with the UK's number one airline.
As Licensed Engineer you will carry out all scheduled tasks and have the ability to demonstrate applicable technical knowledge of aircraft with hand skills. You will also be competent in the use of aircraft maintenance documentation in addition to computer based reporting and recording systems. Supervision of small teams as required.
easyJet maintain the highest safety standards possible and as part of your role you will ensure that the planned in house maintenance activity supports both regulatory standards and easyJet's industry leading safety and technical standards .
- Record and issue certificates of release to service for the work accomplished and review the work and resources allocated and required to ensure expedient rectification of defects.
- Accountable for advising the Station Manager of any impending service disruptions, or areas of concern that may have an impact on the operating programme.
- Define priorities to the team, ensuring that efficient use of resources is channelled to an 'on time' and safe flight departure.
- Ensure that all documentation and its certification are completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures in order to meet Company and Customer Procedures and legislation.
- Compile and report of Technical Delay/Out of Service Reports. Recording significant defects, discrepancies, incidents and events.
- Full time
Posted 29 Jan 2020
Closes 28 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer