- GE Aviation - 305 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland
As skilled Mechanic you will be required to work to specified Manual limits and required tolerances. In this role you will be required to work as part of skilled team in the task of Assembly/Disassembly of Aircraft Engines. Additionally, the role requires motivated people for supporting and continuing to drive improvements within your assigned area in GE Caledonian.
- Each role will be working within a team and therefore the ability to work well with others is essential
- The role involves working to specified Manuals and Engineering instructions
- Good hand skills through previous experience in an Engineering discipline
- Practical or working knowledge of calibrated measuring equipment
- Ability to carry out complex tasks which include disassembly/assembly of aero engine modules and/or components to defined specification (training will be given)
- Role involves a rotating three shift pattern consisting of Nightshift/Backshift/Dayshift
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Identify and hold responsibility for Quality and Environmental Health & Safety issues
- Completed a Modern Engineering Apprenticeship or Engineering Apprenticeship to NVQ/SVQ Level 3
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Relevant Gas Turbine Engine overhaul experience
- Previous experience within an aviation environment would be advantageous
- Good understanding and working knowledge of computer based applications
- Previous experience with SAP advantageous
- Previous Experience using OEM Shop Manuals
- Experience of working in a line maintenance Environment
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to get on with colleagues and communicate priorities as required
- Computer literate
- Demonstrate their ability to work as an effective team player, taking ownership and accountability for quality and EHS standards
- Demonstrate personal drive and motivation to identify and implement process improvement
- Demonstrate experience of working in a maintenance/overhaul environment and be familiar with materials processing
- Demonstrate the ability to work from technical drawings/manuals
- Demonstrate good manual dexterity
Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
Avio Aero is a business that designs, manufactures and maintains components and systems for civil and military aviation. We provide our customers with innovative technology solutions to quickly respond to the endless changes required by the market: additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, as well as technologies dedicated to the production of mechanical transmissions, turbines and combustors. Our team consists of over 4,800 people, 4,200 of whom work in Italy. Our head office is in Rivalta di Torino, where our largest production facility is also located. Other important Italian plants are in Brindisi, Pomigliano d'Arco (Naples) and Cameri (Novara), and we also have a production plant and a test center in Poland.
Follow us LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram or become a fan of our Facebook Page. Stay up to date on what's happening at Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business around the globe by checking out the About Magazine .
Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community and keep updated on GE whereab
- Full time
Posted 29 Jan 2020
Closes 27 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic