Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As part of a cross-functional team within Advanced Military Engineering, the Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Ability to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Execute the design, analysis, or test of assigned components or sub-assemblies using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide basic domain technical knowledge to personnel / cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on horizontal teams through independent tasks or projects
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews with internal and external customers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Existing security clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong technical aptitude related to components and systems of increasing complexity
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Hot structures experience
- Proficiency with NX and ANSYS
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 16 Jan 2020
Closes 14 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic