Paint Strip Mechanic
- Lufthansa - 16 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring the component is paint stripped according to Company procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- All employees are required to use the LTLGS Integrated Quality Management System IQ Move.
- To hand degrease/machine wash commercial aircraft components.
- To load and unload large degrease/paint softening tanks.
- To load and operate plastic media blast booths; internally and externally.
- To check components are clean and protected from damage in redlines for inspection.
- An awareness of the Major Accident Prevention Plan (MAPP).
- To ensure that the part is protected for being damaged.
- Operating cranes.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
- You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book.
- You may be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience.
- Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday (depending business needs).
- 5s Standard.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- May require additional overtime hours to be worked.
- Able to work shifts (06.30 - 14:30 or 14:25 - 22:25).
Education and qualifications
- GCSE 9-5 grades or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship within Engineering.
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous Paint Strip experience would be desirable.
- Illustrate previous knowledge and experience of use of hand tools.
- Good knowledge, awareness and understanding of PPE and Manual Handling.
- It would be preferable but not essential for the applicant to have worked in an aerospace environment.
- Team player with proven ability to manage, lead and guidance.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communications skills and able to work within a matrix environment.
- Good organisational skills with strong planning and operational execution.
- Excellent planning, problem solving organization and administration skills.
- Able to turn vision into strategy and execute.
- Decision maker, analysing for root causes rather than presenting the problem.
- Self-motivated with flexible approach.
- Able to deliver profitable growth through excellent commercial skills and deliver sustainable change.
- Engage others and develop their potential with confident decision-making skills.
- Rights to work within the UK without any restrictions.
- NO Agencies.
*Must be willing to work shifts.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
If this is you, please apply via email:
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 14 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic