Head of Legal - Corporate, Finance & Projects
- easyJet - 51 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
Head of Legal - Corporate, Finance and Projects
- Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel as one of the core members of the senior legal leadership team, this role provides senior legal support to the easyJet business across all corporate legal matters, supporting the strategy, finance, treasury and facilities teams and other significant project work across the easyJet Group.
- Working as the corporate specialist in the Legal team, responsible for the provision of advice and support to the easyJet management board on corporate transactions, as well as strategic projects and general commercial work.
- As a leader in the legal team, this role leads by example and works with other senior members of the team to provide general support across the team, both in terms of line management, coaching, mentoring and leading cross-team initiatives (such as training CSR etc).
- Responsible for handling and, where appropriate, overseeing, a wide range of legal services required to support the easyJet business in achieving its commercial and operational objectives. This role will have regular interaction with stakeholders across the business, including at management board and PLC Board level
- Trusted legal partner to the finance function, including the Treasury, Strategy and Facilities teams. Working with these and other key stakeholder groups to draft, review, negotiate and finalise a wide-range of operational, commercial and financial product services contracts
- Responsible for advising on the interpretation of contract clauses and providing ad hoc legal advice on day-to-day matters arising from contracts and commercial arrangement (including managing disputes)
- Providing advice and support to the business on corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, share purchase agreements and financial transactions with a high level of autonomy
- Management of junior lawyers within the team
- Management of a panel of law firms providing Facilities legal support
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 14 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Airline finance