Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component - Component Design
- GE Aviation - 205 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in exhaust component design, applying a systems approach and incorporating mentoring input to be successful. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve complex problems primarily on your own, but with oversight. Execute objectives for yourself, and have the ability to effect short-term & some long-term business goals. An optimized, yet balanced approach is required.
Anticipated start date is Q2 2020.
As the Lead Engineer, Your essential responsibility will be to thoroughly apply yourself and exhibit ownership on all assignments you have towards component design. Treat your teammates and cross functional contributors as a mission based team focusing on delivering for your customer and the aviation industry at large. You will be empowered as much as you empower yourself but will have a supportive team around you to keep you on the right path. Looking for a self starter exhibiting professionalism, team oriented mindset, and with initiative to spare. Preference for those with prior experience in this space.
Additional essential responsibilities include the more traditionally listed:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD US security clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Existing Government security clearance
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 13 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic