Staff Engineer - Reliability
- GE Aviation - 205 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Reliability Staff Engineer will be responsible for managing and accomplishing a broad range of reliability tasks for assigned products in a timely and accurate manner.
- Execute the reliability analyses for assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
- Accomplish specific reliability tasks for assigned programs including analysis and reporting of fielded product reliability data, evaluation of the reliability impact of proposed design changes, mentoring of reliability practitioner candidates and accomplishment of other assigned tasks as required
- Recommend approach to meet the reliability technical and program requirements
- Formulate and implement plans and approaches to reliability tasks to achieve commitments yielding timely and accurate results
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering or technical position (Including prior experience in reliability engineering or certified GE Reliability Practitioner; Experience in reliability tasks such as FMECA, field data analysis, Weibull analysis and reliability growth analysis; Familiarity with Reliasoft suite of tools)
- Graduate Degree in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to guide and influence others
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 13 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer