Storeperson - Dayshift
- GE Aviation - 205 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland
- Perform roles and responsibilities of Storeperson within the Stores environment.
- Responsible to Stores Lead for all aspects of stores process including: receiving of material, shelving, stock maintenance and accuracy.
- Responsible for the issue of material to the shop through Stores pick process.
- Responsible for processing Stores returns
- Responsible for stock checking of material.
- Responsible for counter service to the shop issuing over the counter consumables and engine parts
- Ensuring safe and environmentally sound working practices are adhered to.
- Responsible for receiving material in, checking incoming documentation and shelving parts.
- Checking goods delivered vs delivery documentation
- Packing and preparing goods for despatch
- Must be able to use a computer and maintain stock accuracy through transacting material on SAP.
- Fork Lift Truck license holder - Training will be given
- Previous experience in a Stores role would be an advantage, although training will be given to the successful applicant.
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be
maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance
cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of
employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the
link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 13 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT