Technology Manager - Engineering and Maintenance Systems
- easyJet - 51 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet is Europe's leading airline offering a unique and winning combination of the best route network connecting Europe's primary airports, with great value fares and friendly service. Innovation is in easyJet's DNA - from our launch over almost 25 years ago when we changed the way people fly to the present day where we lead the industry in digital, web, engineering and operational innovations to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers.
The airline was recently named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2019 in the transport sector.
About the team
As part of the Technology Digital Workforce team this role supports our Engineering and Maintenance colleagues. This team is responsible for a fleet of over 300 Airbus aircraft across our network of 158 destinations in 34 countries. The safe and efficient operation of this fleet is critical in enabling easyJet achieve our purpose of "Seamlessly connecting Europe with the warmest welcome in the sky". You'll be leading a team providing the IT systems and technology used for planning and executing this.
The Technology Manager is responsible for the end to end management of Engineering & Maintenance systems including AMOS, Aerogility and Airbus systems within agreed timeframes, cost and quality parameters using internal and third party teams. The role works closely with the easyJet business and wider IT, Data and Change teams to deliver new products and services within the prioritised change portfolio and maintain existing systems. Experience in an airline operational domain with engineering and maintenance systems would be extremely beneficial.
- Define and maintain the strategic roadmap for assigned technology services partnering with other IT, business and supplier stakeholders
- Delivery of technical solutions through initiation, design, build, test, release and support
- Supports business systems programme/project managers for delivery matters
- Engages with Service Management, supporting the activities of service design and service transition
- Ensures all design, quality and security governance processes are followed in line with the direction set out by Strategy and Architecture
- Holds overall responsibility for project delivery and releases to the agreed schedule, within timescales and to budget
- Contributes towards delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects for multiple stakeholders
- Identifies conflicts and dependencies between teams and raises these with the relevant project managers
- Ensures project and operational risks and issues are captured, tracked and appropriate actions taken
- Leads the collaborative, dynamic planning process, prioritising workload against the capacity and capability of the team
- Continuously drives process improvements both internally in solution delivery and in the wider IT community
- Champions and encourages adherence to process and standards
- Actively participates in the IT community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Conform to appropriate controls and governance ensuring these are implemented to manage all key aspects of delivery and the platform
- Third party supplier relationship and performance management adhering to easyJet's Supplier Relationship Management framework
- Team leadership and line management to build and maintain a high performing team
- Platform quality and resilience in partnership with Architecture, InfoSec and Service Delivery
- Financial and budget planning and control for assigned technology services
- Full time
Posted 14 Jan 2020
Closes 13 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of