Sr Software Integration Engineer
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
In this role, you will be part of operations and support organization of Digital Works for the GE Aviation Digital Product Portfolio for the customers all around the world. You will be directly supporting to end users using software development practices, working tickets, providing implementation/customer support and monitoring the production system. When needed, you will capture appropriate information in order to improve experience for end user support engineers and customers.
In this role, you will:
• Own L3 Support activities that requires software engineering and support tasks.
• Execute database integrations with customer systems effectively.
• Execute support strategy with L1/L2 teams and global support teams.
• Able to communicate with L4 product development team when escalations required.
• Establish high quality and on time ticket resolutions.
• Be responsible of validating the system, ingestions and software product is working per the quality standards for the ticket resolved.
• Execute lifetime operations with Software Engineering focus.
• Make solution choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Work with global team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provide global expertise in support activities for Aviation Digital Products.
• Establish high customer satisfaction and work with customer requests all around world with highest say do ratio.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development support OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience software development support.
• Hands-on experience with software development support lifecycle and aware of L1/L2/L3/L4 working structure.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Must be able to travel based on business need at least quarterly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Heavy experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Strong background in Microsoft Windows systems management/networking.
• Experience with issue-tracking/ticketing systems and agile project management systems.
• Experience with PowerShell/scripting.
• Experience with SSL certificates, windows security implementations and active directory.
• Azure knowledge is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in Software Development using .Net and windows technologies for at least 3 years.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating effort.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience --working with others on a global basis.
• Flexible and available approach to working in a changing environment.
•Excellent root cause analysis skills.
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized support tickets and deliver solutions without oversight.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results.
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives of the L3 activities for the product that is dedicated.
• Strong oral and written communication skills .
• Global team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Effective problem-solving abilities.
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 14 Jan 2020
Closes 12 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Software engineer