Programme Lead - Commercial Systems Evolution
- easyJet - 48 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet is Europe's leading airline offering a unique and winning combination of the best route network connecting Europe's primary airports, with great value fares and friendly service.
easyJet flies on more of Europe's most popular routes than any other airline and carries more than 100 million passengers annually - more than 16 million travelling for business. easyJet flies over 334 aircraft on 1061 routes to 159 airports across 36 countries. Over 300 million Europeans live within one hour's drive of an easyJet airport.
easyJet aims to be a good corporate citizen, employing people on local contracts in eight countries across Europe in full compliance with national laws and recognising their trade unions. The airline supports a number of local charities and also has a corporate partnership with UNICEF which has raised over £13m for the most vulnerable children since it was established in 2012.
The airline takes sustainability seriously and is the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across its whole network. The airline is achieving this goal by offsetting the carbon emissions from the fuel used for all of its flights. The airline sees this as an interim measure while new technology becomes available. In the meantime, easyJet also invests in the latest technology, operates efficiently and fills most of its seats. This means since 2000 easyJet has reduced the carbon emissions for each kilometre flown by a passenger by over one-third (33.67%) and is on track to meet its target of a 38% reduction by 2022.
Innovation is in easyJet's DNA - from our launch over almost 25 years ago when we changed the way people fly to the present day where we lead the industry in digital, web, engineering and operational innovations to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers.
The airline was recently named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2019 in the transport sector. Britain's Most Admired Companies study is the longest-running annual survey of corporate reputation in the UK.
Across commercial, our ambition is to become a World Class Commercial function delivering industry-leading unit revenue growth and overall driving leading returns over the short, medium and longer term
Reporting into easyJet's Commercial Director, this role will be responsible for providing the business input and driving the commercial team to transform easyJet's commercial offering by building world-class commercial ecosystem and e-commerce platform. This programme will be critical in helping shift both our back end commercial model to one focused on dynamic offer management across our portfolio, as well as front end customer interaction led by personalisation and digitisation . Our ambition is also for this role to determine the extent to which easyJet could "productionalise" this model and sell to other businesses
- Work with the Group Strategy and Commercial leadership teams to determine the future commercial direction of the airline, future-proofing the scope of the programme. This includes building understanding outside of airlines
- Develop the anticipated 10-year evolution of the front-end customer interaction model, including product and customer interaction strategy. This should include:
- Retailing innovation
- Loyalty enhancement
- End-to-end customer strategy
- Translate the desired interaction model into a list of requirements and functionality that the back end commercial ecosystem must deliver
- Develop business requirements for the back end commercial ecosystem, ensuring they deliver commercial returns, spanning
- Promotions and bundles
- New product development
- Promotions and bundles
- Lead investigation of solution design, considering trade-offs in delivery approach (e.g., buy whole system, buy incremental, vs. build)
- Work with key Commercial stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment to the programme
- Lead the development of the business case, inputting into easyJet's 5-year plan, budget and InvestCo processes
- Accountable for ensuring the programme maintains delivery momentum, unlocking value incrementally by determining how best to phase delivery
- Design processes and capabilities to support the business change required to unlock the effective management of the product portfolio across their lifecycle from identification and implementation of new propositions, to driving revenue of existing products through ongoing refinement
- Lead & maintain competitor research to inform & support future product evolution & decision-making
- Full time
Posted 11 Jan 2020
Closes 10 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager