Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the manufacturing and assembly of mechanical products for the Vandalia site. In this position, you will be responsible for the manufacturing processes as well as driving continuous improvement and process yield. You will work with a cross functional team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing problems, troubleshoot and resolve process and product issues through immediate or short-term planning. This role reports to the Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Troubleshoot mechanical product failures to determine root cause and corrective action
- Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and losses
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
- Ensure proper documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer expectations and complete projects on time and within budget
- Lead and effectively interface with production planning, engineering, sourcing, and production teams to complete projects
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are compliant per site policies
- Participate in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of One year of manufacturing or operations experience
- Two to three years of experience in manufacturing or operations is preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace generator systems, production methods and processes
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient documentation skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Six Sigma training or preferred quality training
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 4 Jan 2020
Closes 2 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Planning engineer