- GE Aviation - 235 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs.
- Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Optimize inventory and process improvements.
- Attend daily operating rhythms to ensure cell material position clarity.
- Stock disposition (Non-Conforming Material/MRB) and housekeeping (inventory accuracy/cycle counting), utilizing site business systems including MRP, ERP, Windchill, TipQa and Proficy.
- IT literate with confident user of PC packages and experienced in use of ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Working knowledge of material handling requirements including ESD, MSD and FOD
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning and execution within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of both ERP & MRP systems
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 4 Jan 2020
Closes 2 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Planning engineer