Sub-Section Manager - Engineering Project Management
- GE Aviation - 197 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Dowty Propellers provides a range of solutions for civil and military turbo-prop aircraft, including Lockheed C-130J and De Havilland Dash 8. In addition, we are developing new propeller technology for future applications, including hybrid and electric propulsion. Reporting to the Engineering Leader, you will lead the Project Engineering team to manage new technology, new product introduction and sustaining programmes.
- You will be accountable for effective delivery for all tasks assigned to your team, delivering to schedule, cost and customer requirements.
- You will lead critical deliveries and lead technical problem solving by developing strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
- You will provide technical leadership and mentoring to assigned staff and projects to resolve technical issues quickly.
- You will develop your team to provide the skills and experience to meet project demand and provide pipeline into senior project roles and other positions in the business.
- You will mentor your team in best practice project management tools and lead improvement initiatives to make engineering and business processes fit for the future.
- You will provide an escalation route for project issues and prioritisation.
- You will implement project management metrics that enable project teams to demonstrate performance simply and consistently.
- You will understand project demand and build your team to provide the best mix of resources to deliver the diverse range of projects at Dowty Propellers.
- You will engage a variety of sources to engage new talent, including direct recruitment, early career candidates, contingent workers and global resources.
- You will contribute to the leadership of the Engineering team and broader business, helping to shape the strategy of the engineering organisation.
- You will develop and manage assigned departmental budgets, and contribute to annual budget cycle.
- You will build strong relationships across the business leadership community to better guide successful project delivery.
- You will be prepared to travel internationally.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering subject or equivalent experience.
- Proven engineering leadership experience.
- A broad range of experience in project management environments, both with delivery and tools and processes.
- Demonstrated engineering acumen in a broad range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated performance in building and developing high performance teams.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver of high-profile projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- A passion for innovation and contribution to strategic product vision.
- System domain knowledge, including propeller/propulsion systems, control systems or composite materials.
- Knowledge of airworthiness and certification requirements.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work colla
- Full time
Posted 3 Jan 2020
Closes 1 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager