TDI- Associate Product Integrity Specialist
- GE Aviation - 226 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
The GE Aviation - TDI site is looking for a 3rd shift inspector. This individual will be responsible for testing and inspecting Aviation product at various stages of the production and/or repair process.
- Tests and inspects product at various stages of the production and/or repair process
- Tests for items such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics
- Suggests modifications of existing quality or production standards
- Uses standard shop measuring devices. This includes micrometers, verniers, 10x Otoscope, shim stock, depth gages, plug gages and comparator
- Analyze and communicate non-conforming hardware and documentation using blueprints, CID's, MOSs, specifications, etc.
- Assists Cell Leaders and Engineering Technicians in implementing corrective actions
- Use MAPICS to find priority list for work area
- Reading, planning, verifying fixture calibration
- Maintains eQuals requirements
- Use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
- Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
- Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
- Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
- Fully understands blueprints
- Read and understand inspection sheets
- Identify revision levels
- Produce error free products
- Meet production goals
- Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
- Understand safety and machining hazards
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Have a basic understanding of processes in home cell for CMO & Product Integrity Specialist duties
- Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within first 6 months as an Associate Product Integrity Specialist
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Also, proven ability to demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail
- Work overtime as needed
- Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the "Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment" guide
- Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
- Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
- Works collaboratively and respects all others
- Actively participate and support a team environment
- Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues;
- Able to successfully pass a vision screen. This may include a test for color blindness
- Successfully pass the Final Inspection Test
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Completed Six Sigma training. Able to present ideas to others in both written and oral form. Proven problem solver.
Must have a strong attention to detail.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Must act with integrity, compliance and display excellent customer service.
Must have effective communication skills in working with and responding to team members, coaches, leaders
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. #LI-MA1
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 3 Jan 2020
Closes 1 Feb 2020
This job was posted to: Product support