Senior Quality Engineer-Process Improvement
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
The Senior Quality Engineer will leverage product knowledge and deep technical expertise to drive quality related process improvements across the supply chain. You will manage and execute the site Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) to optimize production. Ensuring products and services perform to quality standards, regulations, and specifications and that customer satisfaction is met.
In this role, you will:
Have ownership of quality improvement strategy and production optimization:
- Analyzing, identifying and implementing process improvements which will enhance capability and performance
- Leverage advanced product quality planning (APQP) to drive product and process validation and improvement
- Assessing risk in the supply chain and taking action to reduce
- Performing data analysis of historical quality issues to determine effective corrective actions to address risk across the supply chain
- Influence cross-functional teams within the supply chain to solve problems and address risk.
- Initiate and drive action as it is required to ensure project / team success (e.g. mitigate risks, problem solve, provide technical guidance, etc.)
- Ensuring control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Validation of processes to AS9100 requirements
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams in addition to pitching out to customers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 additional years of experience in Production Quality and Process Improvement
- Previous quality experience in an electronics manufacturing or fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with leading root cause and corrective action investigations in technical applications with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, and process capability and control
- Proven facilitation, influencing and collaboration skills
- A self-starter motivated to solve problems and create out of the box solutions
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of AS9100/AS9110, IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
- Lean / Six Sigma experience and AS9145 (APQP / PPAP)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;New York;Bohemia;
- Full time
Posted 1 Jan 2020
Closes 30 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Quality control