Engineer - Electronic Hardware
- GE Aviation - 226 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
The Engineer- Electronic Hardware will develop new electronic assemblies, solve problems, develop and execute objectives that can impact short-term and long-term business goals within the Aviation power segment.
- Execute the electronic design, analysis, and evaluation on assigned projects related to airborne electrical power systems
- Design, test, and troubleshoot analog and digital electronics circuits
- Specify and select electronic components
- Electronic assembly and systems test set development and test execution
- Provide production support
Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Create proper documentation during design and test phases
- Develop analog and digital circuits for electrical power systems (i.e. filters, amplifiers, op-amps, DSP, drivers)
- Work directly with the Software, Controls, Hardware, and other groups on Embedded Systems Design
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Prior experience with test tools such as oscilloscopes, generators, and power supplies
- Hands-on experience working in a lab or test environment
- Power electronics experience and working knowledge with Switch Mode Power Supply topologies
- Design experience with magnetic components including transformers/inductors
- Knowledge of Altium Schematic Capture package
- Design for EMI requirements compliance
- Printed circuit cards design and layout experience
- Familiarity with digital signal processing principals
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 1 Jan 2020
Closes 30 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer