Import / Export Manager (Fixed Term)
- GE Aviation - 197 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
The successful applicant will be responsible for all import and export compliance issues for GE Hamble business. You will be responsible for managing a small team and will oversee the 3rd party logistics provider in all matters related to import and export compliance. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of certain site certifications (Known Consignor, AEO).
This is a fixed term role covering Maternity Leave, for up to 12 months
- Manage the export and import responsibilities for the site, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met including audits
- Responsible for managing business specific customs activities
- Manage all import and export country compliance processes
- Implementing import/export processes in line with local regulations and driving adherence for any changes in business setup
- Develop and maintain operational metrics to assure compliance on all import and export activities
- Act as the Site Security Representative, responsible for the application and the supervision of the implementation of security controls.
- New starter export compliance induction training
- Maintain the site's Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status and facilitate all audit requirements
- Raise and review Intrastat monthly reporting
- Support the shipping teams across 2 sites (export compliance training, audit of shipping paperwork)
- Degree qualification or equivalent with knowledge or experience of aviation/supply chain manufacturing operation
- Import and experience knowledge and experience, ideally in an AEO environment
- Understanding of compliance requirements for any dispatch and shipping process under CAA
- Proven leadership, verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Time management, scheduling and prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with utilising and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https:// Apply/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of lea
- Full time
Posted 1 Jan 2020
Closes 30 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Freight
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of