Senior Engineer - NGP Adv Mech Design - Composites
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
GE Aviation is looking for an experienced CMC Design Engineer leader to join our fast-growing Advanced Military Engineering business. The Military Next Gen Products Adv Mechanical CMC Design Senior Engineer demonstrates accountability for module component design execution, engineering functional team guidance, team mentoring, and support of critical program objectives. In this role, you will lead and integrate design disciplines that deliver program objectives and manage complex issues.
See GE Aviation Engineering Handbook EH-1.1.11 Controlled Titles for additional details.
- Own the hardware design and provide technical consultation to team members and support product deliverables leveraging lessons learned
- Be the technical and strategic lead for introduction and application of advanced CMC technologies and hardware design
- Lead and provide key technical direction in the development of new design processes and manufacturing methods for advanced CMC components
- Create a cost culture and leverage cost and producibility lessons learned across the product development life cycle
- Build relationships with other organizations, set strategy for supporting team, and mentor team members to execute cost and producibility improvements
- Initiate and drive cost and manufacturing risk mitigation plans
- Lead design to value assessments and participates in product value discussions with suppliers and partners
- Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in a CMC Advanced Design Engineering role within an engineering product design environment
- And a Minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical design of hot section hardware in advanced design or NPI programs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Active US DOD Secret Security Clearance must be held and maintained for this position
- Previous Military Program component / system requirements management and design experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 1 Jan 2020
Closes 30 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of