Senior Specialist - Compliance & Regulatory
- GE Aviation - 233 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Senior Export Compliance Specialist is responsible for executing on various aspects of the International Trade Compliance program administered by the ITC Center of Excellence. The ITC program includes export licensing, watchlist screening, education and training on ITC issues, export classification (tagging), and related areas.
- Report to the ITC Executive Leader for Licensing, Military Exports, and Aviation
- Senior Export Compliance Specialist will lead investigations related to Military Exports (ITAR / 600-series compliance) and Aviation ITC
- Will draft and assist in the drafting of voluntary disclosures, commodity jurisdictions and classification requests to US Government
- Will provide training and advise to GE businesses, primarily the Aviation business, on ITC matters
- Will draft, develop, and implement trade compliance policies and procedures
- Will provide guidance, training, and assistance in the determination of export classification (tagging)
- Ability to communicate complex messages to leadership
- Conduct and assist in audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in International Trade Compliance, Regulatory, or related experience
- Ability to work at a site located in Evendale, OH or Grand Rapids, MI.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited university or college
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of large scope and impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Previous experience in aerospace industry
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Michigan, Ohio;Evendale, Grand Rapids;
- Full time
Posted 1 Jan 2020
Closes 30 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Freight