Maintenance Control Officer
- easyJet - 48 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet flies more of Europe's most popular routes than any other airline and carries more than 100 million passengers annually. We fly over 334 aircraft on 1061 routes to 159 airports across 36 countries.
The airline takes sustainability seriously and is the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across its whole network. The airline is achieving this goal by offsetting the carbon emissions from the fuel used for all of its flights. This means since 2000 easyJet has reduced the carbon emissions for each kilometre flown by a passenger by over one-third (33.67%) and is on track to meet its target of a 38% reduction by 2022.
The airline was recently named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2019 in the transport sector.
easyJet has a number of exciting opportunities for our growing team of Maintenance Control Officers within our Engineering and Maintenance team. The role Supports maintenance operations and reporting to the Maintenance Operations Duty Manager, this is a vital growing and intrinsic role, ensuring, that as far as is practical, all airline operational performance targets are achieved.
We provide network oversight to maintain aircraft airworthiness and control all maintenance and related activities, like scheduled planning, material logistics, defect management, troubleshooting and AOG recovery.
Operating over 1900 sectors a day to over 840 destinations, in a time-critical environment, this is as buzzing and as fast paced as it gets. So, if you're looking for a challenge, and have the skills and drive to succeed, this is just the place for you.
- To work on a shift basis performing a support role to maintenance operations.
- Become familiar with MOC ,FSE and Maintenance Controller roles, and short term planning allowing the MCO to fill in on a short term basis when required.
- To apply human factors principles as applicable to personal workload and the scheduling/allocation of tasks.
- use their technical knowledge for effective decision making with the current airline software in use
- To endeavour, as far as is practical, to ensure that all airline operational performance indicator targets are achieved.
- To maintain communications with stations or assist down-route working parties where required.
- Assist with maintaining a legible and objective event log during the shift period.
- To comply with known and notified health and safety requirements, communicating them to others when appropriate.
- Ensure that company and contracted customers policies and procedures are complied with.
- To accept other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Maintenance Operations or Maintenance Operations Duty Manager
- Full time
Posted 21 Dec 2019
Closes 20 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Air traffic control