Senior Staff Engineer - Emerging Technologies
- GE Aviation - 406 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
- Provide system technical expertise and leadership in the pursuit of new business and execution of existing business.
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders and customers to define product needs and requirements.
- Interact with customer engineering organizations to define and shape requirements for future platforms and systems. Discern the technical voice of the customer and provide this perspective to internal organizations
- Collaborate with GE businesses outside of Avionics to provide highly integrated products.
- Develop system architectures, requirements and interface definitions for aircraft systems and sub-systems.
- Conduct and participate in trade studies to identify optimal solutions.
- Support the business team developing new business and generating winning proposals.
- Knowledge and experience architecting complex avionics and mission systems.
- Demonstrated system engineering expertise on large scale projects.
- Experience in the development and specification of systems
- Knowledge of aircraft computing, networking, navigation, and general avionics systems.
- Experience in early customer product interactions and stakeholder requirements development.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Aviation, or Aerospace from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years of systems technical and project leadership experience in military systems in any of the following areas: avionics or mission system development, product design, leading and managing technical teams and executing new technology introduction programs.
- Experience participating on relevant systems technical standards committees.
- Ability to effectively guide and lead technical teams.
- Ability to operate in an environment of uncertainty when working with the application of new technologies.
- Strong systems technical and project leadership experience.
- Proficient in identifying customer needs and collaborating with engineering teams to define solutions.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in a relevant systems area
- Experience with and knowledge of industry development standards and processes.
- Familiarity with engineering processes including systems engineering, hardware, and software development.
- Open Systems experience and understanding of the marketplace. impacts of using Civil and Military standards in product offerings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the aerospace industry, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We've got an amazing team of exceptional people helping to solve increasingly complex challenges. Our Aviation Systems Engineering teams are comprised of diverse and experienced engineers who care about ensuri
- Full time
Posted 24 Nov 2022
Closes 23 Dec 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager