Engineer - Control Systems, Embedded Software, and Prognostics
- GE Aviation - 406 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
On my team we think it's the logic and software that stitch all those subsystems together to form a cohesive operating machine - one that can readily respond to pilot inputs while still providing safe and fuel-efficient thrust to complete the mission. This logic also provides diagnostic and prognostic capabilities to better support our customers' fleet needs.
In this role we design, develop, validate and certify new engine control strategies to deliver innovative products for exciting Military applications; we also support legacy, fielded product needs -- investigating field events and evaluating potential solutions to provide more robust, reliable engine operation.
If you have a passion for delivering integrated hardware and software solutions I'd encourage you to come check out some of the really interesting projects that we are delivering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, evaluate, introduce, and manage engineering solutions for product control and control system technology needs. Apply control theory and mathematical modeling to design and control systems with desired behaviors. Includes operability, setting of boundaries, cycle optimization, control logic, control related software, sensors, hardware and software algorithms, and feedback to control the performance of devices, subsystems and systems.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience related to Aircraft Engine Controls Systems and Software development.
- Due to the nature of our projects a US Citizenship is required
- Ability to secure and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Simulink, or NPSS Simulation tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a structured team environment.
- Passion to develop Aircraft Engine Controls methodologies including hardware & software integration, requirements development and documentation, logic design, development and validation, and providing support for the product software release process.
- Intrigued to work in an environment and on projects that can't necessarily be shared with others
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 21 Nov 2022
Closes 21 Dec 2022
This job was posted to: Air traffic control