Senior Operations Research Engineer (80-100%, all genders)
- Lufthansa - 563 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
You will be the lead developer for Operations Research topics within the Operations Decision Support Suite Project of the Lufthansa Group with Google. You will be the lead in identifying and applying state of the art technology to challenges within Operations Steering.
- Improve and enhance the usage of an Integrated Airline Disruption Recovery Solver and Tactical Planning Optimizer as Decision Support for our Operations Controllers
- Lead the technical exchange with our Development Partner, Google, on how to integrate new business requirements into the solvers
- Develop reusable, maintainable code on production level, performing code reviews and researching ways to improve the Solver model
- Design and develop an automated calibration environment in order to combine monetary and non-monetary cost elements within the same objective function
- Develop and maintain a high performance constraint checker module as part of the solver
- Offer consulting to Developers regarding algorithms, code performance, scalability, constraint formulation, etc.
Swiss International Air Lines AG
E-mail address for inquiries
Attractive company pension scheme, Subsidized parking or public transport, Company health management, Nursery, Flight benefits, Remote working (e.g. from home), Flexible workhours and part-time working models, Diversity programmes, Paid maternity and paternity leave
Behind the scenes
Our common goal is to make each customer's flight a true air travel experience. For this, we go the extra mile - always, in every step of the process, worldwide. Join the SWISS team to become part of our fascinating world, where a job turns into a lifetime adventure.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years working as a software engineer on large software systems
- Experience with C++ and willingness to program in C# or other object oriented programming languages
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills with good communication skills on multiple levels
- Experience in operations research and/or combinatorial optimization and/or statistical methods would be an advantage.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience working within Aviation Operations or Logistics Operations is an advantage
Shared position possibility: Please apply as tandem (each partner sends an individual application and refers to the other tandem partner).
About Swiss International Air Lines AG
It's the little differences that make working at SWISS so appealing. The fact, for example, that we treat every detail with care, see quality in terms of hospitality and view nationality through an international lens. In a similar way, we see variety as richness, a job as an experience and SWISS as a world of inspiration. You, too, will be stimulated in our special working environment - one in which, wherever you are, you'll always feel: Truly SWISS .... where people matter.
- Full time
Posted 18 Nov 2022
Closes 18 Dec 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager