- Lufthansa - 570 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Hayes, Greater London, England
Your main tasks include, among others:
- To operate all types of lathes to fine limits.
- To be able to work unsupervised/ minimal supervision.
- To be able to read and understand technical drawings.
- To take responsibility of work and others.
- To gain company Quality level of Authorization (N/ND).
- To observe and comply with company standards of conduct.
- To be able to work on manual lathes working to fine tolerances.
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
- You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book.
- You may be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience.
*Perform all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Get on board for your professional Journey!
We want to share this journey with you!
The ideal Manual Turner should meet the following requirements:
- Engineer apprenticeship preferably.
- Educated at least at GCSE level.
- Trained in machine shop technology and working practices.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience on manual lathes.
- Experience in Manual and CNC Milling and Grinding desirable.
- Proficient using Microsoft packages.
- Able to work shifts.
- The job requires the applicant to understand manual handling.
- The position requires from time to time flexibility in working hours including working overtime at weekends.
- Excellent communications skills and able to work within a matrix environment.
- Self-motivated with flexible approach.
*Apply by sending your CV and Cover letter to Apply
*Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
*Must be willing to work shifts.
*Company will not provide relocation assistance.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 10 Nov 2022
Closes 10 Dec 2022
This job was posted to: Testing