Senior Staff Advanced Programs Demonstrator Airworthiness Engineer
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead airworthiness activities for advanced program demonstrators
Reviews and understands the applicable standards required by Law in country that apply to the relevant products. Communicates standards to the design community and maintains it. May also participate with independent third parties to perform product compliance and certification work (testing, design review etc.) and communicates results/actions to the relevant engineering and supply chain team. Interacts with outside engineering firms or governmental agencies to provide or record product compliance to required regional or national standards to gain the needed product certification or qualification.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years experience in systems engineering
- Master's degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- Full time
Posted 23 Sep 2022
Closes 22 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer