GE Aviation Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering - 12 Month Placement
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
At GE Aviation, we believe the world works better when it flies. We are a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft. Our rich history of inventing the future of flight, our continual investment in research and development, and our talented and innovative people will enable us to rise to the challenge of building a world that works with industry-leading technology and innovation. In fact, we're already developing our next-generation of technologies to achieve greater fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions with an ambition to be a net-zero company by 2050.
Working at GE Aviation means you are bringing your unique perspective, innovative spirit, drive, curiosity, and ability to question the status quo to a collaborative and diverse team. It means you will have ideas and we will listen. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on really cool things with really smart people. Work that you will be proud of. Work that really matters.
Here are just a few of the reasons you will want to consider a career with us:
- You will help solve the global challenge of how the world flies sustainably. Do work real work with a real purpose.
- Be a part of a global workforce of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences where everyone feels supported and respected.
- Learn from the best minds who also want to learn from you.
- Earn merit-based rewards and incentives.
- Have opportunities for continuous learning and development.
In the 12-month Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering Placement, you'll gain invaluable skills and experience covering all aspects of engineering from requirements analysis, to product design to defining test specifications.
Within this Placement, you could be operating in technical environments supporting manufacturing and product quality, jet engines and aircraft structures production and overhaul, oil and gas products for downhole technology, measurement and sensing or looking at computed models for product design.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects supported by your People Leader and team around you. We will guide you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE Aviation experience. Your People Leader will offer coaching and mentoring, and you will be provided with the opportunity to connect with other placement students across the UK.
If you are passionate about Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering, we would love to hear from you.
This opportunity is offered in our Bristol, Caledonian and Cheltenham sites, we will ask you to share your location preferences during the application process.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Currently studying or recently achieved an Engineering bachelor's or master's degree
- Passionate about engineering
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in projects
- Organised & able to work towards deadlines
- Inspired and curious to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership for projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team
- All placements are available to students and recent graduates who can start a placement between June to August 2023, for a duration of 12 months.
- Application deadline is 31st December 2022. However, we review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply ASAP. Vacancies will close once filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments, video interview and a final round interview.
- Please only submit one application. If you submit multiple applications, we will progress the most suitable one. If in future you are deemed to be suitable for other opportunities, we will automatically consider you for these too.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings w
- Full time
Posted 23 Sep 2022
Closes 22 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic