CNC Machine Operator
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Wilmington, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate production machine equipment such as: multi-axis CNC/NC Machines.
- May run multiple machines; instructions from planning, drawings, sketches, etc., will be provided on all portions of the job.
- Work will involve a variety of metals and parts with close tolerances and fine finishes involving use of complex measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, special purpose gages, scales, but may not be limited to these.
- This role may be filled by Machine Operators, Inspectors, or Edge Contour
- Responsible for setting up and operating CNC and N/C machines that require high skill to set up and operate.
- Required to machine all types of metals used within Wilmington machine shops.
- Responsible for following production planning and special process method sheets while working closely with area process engineers.
- Responsible for generating and checking part dimensions during various machining stages with complex measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, special purpose gages, scales, etc.
- Required to perform precise indicating on parts where true indicator reading (TIR) and/or four-point indication is critical to the machining of the part.
- Responsible to voucher or account for own time accurately using the prescribed system, as well as, electronically maintain records, log books, charts and initiating electronic or manual reports when required.
- May be required on a temporary basis, to train operators to use certain equipment which the individual is qualified to run.
- Responsible for achieving all required tolerances and finishes that will produce quality parts in a timely manner and for meeting standards as set forth by Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain the CVP certification. Training will be provided.
- Responsible for accurately serializing parts to maintain traceability at all times
- Responsible for keeping facilities, material and work area orderly exercising care in their use, maintaining good housekeeping practices May do minor maintenance on machines.
- Ensure all characteristics generated at designated operation are conforming through use of applicable inspection techniques
- Must adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety requirements and all Quailty requirements.
- Must actively participate in a team based environment which includes, but not limited to the following: Active participation in daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well with others, practices direct professional communication with team members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers opinions different from their own.
- Operator performs setup and operation of equipment to drawings, method sheets, etc., but may be required to supplement this information with own job knowledge on occasion.
- Continuous visual concentration with or without reasonable accommodation may be necessary to develop and maintain tolerance.
- Forklifts, cranes and material handling equipment are expected to be used instead of manual lifting and carrying. Employee may be required to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50# following proper ergonomic procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years manufacturing experience in set-up and operations of any 2 of the following computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining processes: drilling, milling, grinding, turning, or broaching or 2 year degree from an accredited machinist training program.
- Must have one year of experience reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints and/or production planning.
- Must have at least 2 years using precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift parts up to 50 lbs. utilizing proper ergonomic procedures.
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Prior Aircraft Engines machining experience
- Must be able to use computers and learn Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively in the English language
Pay & Benefits
- Hourly pay progression every year for 6 years. Top hourly rate is 34% above starting rate. Cost of Living and General Wage increases available.
- Full Benefits package, including medical, dental, vision starting on Day 1.
- Vacation, Holidays starting on Day 1. Additional PTO at 1 year of service.
Relocation available for offers
- Full time
Posted 23 Sep 2022
Closes 22 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Tooling