Security Awareness Leader
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Maintain the strategic roadmap for cybersecurity initiatives, promote standardized security tools, process and platforms to maintain consistency across all regions.
• Provide regular program updates to the Regional CISO, CIO and other stakeholders.
• Work with legal counsel, HR, physical security and product engineering on IT security solutions.
• Aid in the enforcement of GE-wide policies & standards and assist technology teams with building security solutions.
• Define technology security requirements and communicate to system owners through effective security programs and training.
• Work business IT teams to encourage a security mindset throughout business processes from concept, implementation and operations.
• Maintain documentation of the Security Awareness and Education program and any exceptions for regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that our security awareness program meets all industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements.
• Identify the top human risks to our organization and develop an action plan to mitigate those risks
• Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure these requirements. Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, regulatory and policy requirements across Aviation DT
Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 6 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 9 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 11 years of professional experience
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Cyber, Risk, or IT
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time in the region as needed
• Prior experience working in a matrix environment
• Prior experience doing Lean or Six Sigma Process improvement work
• Prior experience working on developing and leading strategy definition
• Prior experience in Project Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Capable contemporary leader with extensive team working abilities
• Experience in identification of security threats and risks
• Familiar with enterprise infrastructure designs and concepts including Authentication, Logging, Interconnectivity, Internet and application proxy, cloud computing, hosting, application code security, Virtual computing, Database administration, Data storage, Data backup, Encryption, Middleware, Firewall policy, Network segmentation, Mainframe etc.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Airport security