SPC Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
The Process Quality Engineer will:
- Advance SPC implementation at point of use. Develop procedures/methods to analyze data, evaluating machine/process capability and identify opportunities.
- Work pro-actively to prevent non-conformances and reduce product variation through standard measurement plans, implementation of advanced gaging and sampling methodology. Evaluate effectiveness via statistical analysis.
- Identify and pursue new gaging and inspection strategies, improving inspection efficiency and throughput.
- Support root cause investigations on any internal or external non-conformances. This may include 5 Why, PFMEA, or other similar methodologies to find the true root cause of problem.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers, Team Leaders, and Business units to implement effective corrective actions addressing process deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and provide support to provide QC-Calc at point of generation to provide the shop data to reduce defects.
- Strong understanding of QMS AS9100D or similar
- Work together with Rutland team across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- 3 years of Manufacturing experience
- Ability / Flexibility to work varied shifts to support 3-shift operation
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Previous experience with Six Sigma, Minitab and other statistical tools
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Quality control