Senior Security Specialist
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as one of the approving authorities for user account creation, deletion, locking, unlocking, and disabling of SAP user accounts.
- Provides guidance and training ensuring user awareness concerning unauthorized or illegal use of computer hardware and software.
- Be responsible for overall execution of the daily security and cyber security activities (audits, scans, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with the Joint Special Access Implementation Guide (JSIG), the DoD Implementation guide for the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Write and maintain all documentation required for Systems Authorization and work with the Approving Official to endure systems maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Participate in cyber security meetings with internal and external customers.
- Interface with government representatives, as necessary.
- Operate and maintain a document control system and conduct annual inventories.
- Operate and maintain a visitor control program including processing incoming and outgoing visit certifications, visitor reception, and escort.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or Engineering; or high school diploma with three years of job-related experience within specialized field or similar area is required.
Required training/certification and clearances
- Current/Active DOD Secret clearance (adjudicated within the last six years) and the ability to obtain and maintain up to TS/SCI .
- Must have a current 8570 certification commensurate with an IAM I (ISC-CAP; SANS-GSLC; or CompTIA Security +)
- Use of various operating system and other utilities and resources such as STIG / SCAP / SPLUNK / MS LogParser and others to properly configure, monitor and review systems and networks. Configures audit tools and reviews audit logs in order to expose anomalies, vulnerabilities, and configuration or system errors per review analysis.
- Previous Information Assurance (IA) experience
- Previous SAP or SCI experience preferred
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a high tempo environment and manage work under pressure.
- Candidate must be accustomed to working in a controlled environment.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to pick up understanding of new tasks quickly.
- Effective listening skills and attention to details.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to endure effective communications with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Ability to create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Airport security