GE Aviation Legal, Compliance & Contracts - 12 Month Placement, Cheltenham
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
At GE Aviation, we believe the world works better when it flies. We are a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft. Our rich history of inventing the future of flight, our continual investment in research and development, and our talented and innovative people will enable us to rise to the challenge of building a world that works with industry-leading technology and innovation. In fact, we're already developing our next-generation of technologies to achieve greater fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions with an ambition to be a net-zero company by 2050.
Working at GE Aviation means you are bringing your unique perspective, innovative spirit, drive, curiosity, and ability to question the status quo to a collaborative and diverse team. It means you will have ideas and we will listen. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on really cool things with really smart people. Work that you will be proud of. Work that really matters.
Here are just a few of the reasons you will want to consider a career with us:
- You will help solve the global challenge of how the world flies sustainably. Do work real work with a real purpose.
- Be a part of a global workforce of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences where everyone feels supported and respected.
- Learn from the best minds who also want to learn from you.
Earn merit-based rewards and incentives.
- Have opportunities for continuous learning and development.
Roles and Responsibilities
In the 12-month Legal and Contract Management Placement, you'll gain invaluable skills and experience in covering all aspects of legal practice and contract management including risk review, contract drafting and negotiation, protecting our intellectual property, corporate governance and board meetings, assisting on commercial real estate matters and working with our Compliance function. You could be assisting with contractual agreements for the sale of our products and purchases from our suppliers, mergers and acquisitions, GE's Compliance program, international trade controls, research tasks and monitoring changes in applicable laws (and its impact on the business) and providing general legal support to our business.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects su pported by your People Leader and team around you. We will guide you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE Aviation experience. Your People Leader will offer coaching and mentoring, and you will be provided with the opportunity to connect with other placement students across the U K.
If you are passionate about a career in law and contract management, we would love to hear from you.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Currently studying or recently achieved a Law bachelor's or master's degree (or Law as a substantial part of an alternative degree) - strong academic performance to date
- Keen interest in a career in law or contract management.
- Strong commercial acumen, confidence to perform tasks on own initiative, analytical, good problem solving and research skills.
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in projects
- Organized & able to work towards deadlines
Inspired and curious to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership for projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Able to work as part of a team
- All placements are available to students and recent graduates who can start a placement between June to August 2023
- Application deadline is 31st December 2022. However, we review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply ASAP. Vacancies will close once filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments, video interview and a final round interview.
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Freight