Commercial Life Management Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Life Management execution of analysis for commercial product lines with a focus on supporting repair development and industrialization via analysis and review. Use sound engineering principles and adhere to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical engineering work across commercial engine lines, including LEAP and GEnx.
- Required analysis will range from low cycle fatigue (LCF), fracture mechanics, and probabilistic lifing analysis of critical parts
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
- Over 5 years prior engineering experience is preferred, but over 3 years can be considered
- Existing expertise in Life Management or Design preferred for this role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Established project management skills
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager