Common Yard Technician
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
- Conduct detailed set-up and tear-down of chemical equipment in a high-volume, batch production environment
- Serve as a resource to other technicians in trouble shooting and identifying equipment issues
- Responsible for installation of components and re-build of chemical process equipment
- Monitor chemical levels and maintain process chemical supply levels
- Mix and measure chemical batches using quantitative measurement tools
- Conduct routine maintenance and operation of process systems and equipment across assigned process zone and occasionally in cross functional areas
- Conduct work practices with safety and quality in mind in a 24/7production environment
- Complete required business and regulatory process documentation
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Be responsible for ensuring facility equipment and inventory/consumable levels are accurate
- Participate and actively engage in quality and continuous improvement project • Communicate effectively with peers, management, & external stakeholders
- Must be able to work in second shift/night shifts.
- Utilize business software such as ERP and quality/EHS software
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Chemical Plant environment
- Ability and willingness to work off/varied shift/weekends, as required
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Mechanical/Electrical Aptitude-Ability to analyze problems, identify issues and provide efficient solutions
- Self-starter-Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and adhere to team norms.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 20 Sep 2022
Closes 19 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic