Advanced Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
'Advanced Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component' is a high-impact and dynamic role. In this role, you will contribute to the development of advanced power conversion products and be part of the power electronic design team where you will demonstrate your thermal management & structural analysis skills in design and development of advanced power converters for commercial applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, development, and analysis of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirement
- Design and act as technical leader for thermal management of power electronic component and assembly cooling
- Experience with electronics packaging including heat transfer through circuit boards, modules and alternative packages
- Experience Importing circuit board and electronic packages/structures into Icepak or similar tool for thermal modelling
- Experience with or conceptual understanding of cold plate design, heat exchangers, and heat pipes
- Use of SolidWorks or similar tools to import packaged assemblies into thermal/structural modelling tools
- Experience with or exposure to convection and conduction cooling mechanisms, like Sizing of fans, airflow calculations, etc
- Experience in thermal testing and knowledge on installation of thermocouples, etc
- Knowledge of thermal interface materials and potting compounds/processes
- Knowledge of isolators, stiffening and damping structures
- Familiarity with typical standards used for vibration testing in aviation
- Proficiency in ANSYS Classic/ANSYS WB or similar commercial mechanical analyses tools
- Work with technical leadership personnel / multi-functional teams to support the assigned project
- Recommend with minimal guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Lead or participate in team to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate and/or present in program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering or Thermal Engineering or Fluid Dynamics
- At least 6+ years of experience in Engineering position.
- PhD in Thermal / Fluid Dynamics/ Mechanical / Production Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Experience in fluid system design or fluid system components such as pumps, heat exchangers, or other fluid carrying components.
- Provide engineering / technical support in a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Knowledge of electrical rotating machines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 Sep 2022
Closes 17 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic