- Lufthansa - 518 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
Your responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Operate all machine tools, including milling machines, lathes, and grinders, as well as hand tools.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Responsible for the manufacture, service and repair of tools, assembly jigs and fixtures during the development of new products and support of existing products.
- Manufacture of tools against drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- To give advice on tooling design and manufacture.
- Maintenance and repair of existing production tools.
- Liaise with engineering and production personnel, to advise project teams on tool design and assist in reviewing/ checking processes.
- Manufacturing tooling to assist in assembly and testing of prototypes.
* All other duties as assigned or required.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Come and join the fascinating airline industry!
We are looking forward to your application!
The ideal Tool Maker should meet the following requirements:
- Engineering Apprenticeship preferred by not essential.
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent.
- Tool room experience preferable but good all rounded experience within a workshop environment essential.
- A good working knowledge of mathematics and workshop practice to at least City and Guilds Engineering standard.
- Working knowledge of welding i.e Gas, Mig Tig, and Stick Welding but not essential.
- Disciplines in the use of CNC machinery , lathes, grinding, milling, and tool room machinery.
- Ability to read and work from engineering drawings.
- Good attitude to workshop housekeeping.
- Able to work with tight deadlines.
* Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to Apply
* Company will not provide relocation assistance.
* Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 16 Sep 2022
Closes 16 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Testing