Paint Strip Technician
- Lufthansa - 518 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
As a Paint Strip Mechanic your responsabilities will involve
- Hand degrease/machine wash commercial aircraft components.
- Load/unload large degrease/paint softening tanks.
- Load/operate plastic media blast booths; internally & externally.
- Check components are clean and protected from damage in redlines for inspection.
- Awareness of the Major Accident Prevention Plan (MAPP).
- Ensure that the part is protected for being damaged.
- Operating cranes.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
- Awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
- Maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book.
- May be required to train personnel with a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience.
*Perform all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Free parking, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen, Flight benefits
Behind the scenes
Be part of our team!
Be part of Lufthasa!
The ideal Paint Strip Mechanic should meet the following requirements:
- GCSE 9-5 grades or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship within Engineering.
- Previous Paint Strip experience (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of use of hand tools.
- Good knowledge, awareness and understanding of PPE and Manual Handling.
- Great team player.
- Good communicator.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Able to follow instruction and learn / absorb working methods.
- Excellent approach to Quality and Health and safety.
- Monday - Friday/Tuesday - Saturday.
- 5 hours per week.
- May require overtime.
- Able to work shifts (06.00 - 14:00 or 14:25 - 22:25)
*Please apply by sending your CV & Cover letter to Apply
*Company will not provide relocation assistance.
*Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
*Must be willing to work shifts.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 15 Sep 2022
Closes 15 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic