Finance Manager (CORE)
- easyJet - 59 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
With over 300 aircraft flying over 1,000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe, and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 96 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Our scale today is unrecognisable compared to our where we started out 25 years ago, but our transformation isn't finished yet - and we want you to play a part in that.
We take sustainability seriously. We're acting on carbon now, as the first and only major airline in the world to offset 100% of our direct carbon emissions as well as stimulating the development of radical new technologies to ultimately achieve zero-emissions flying in the future.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
As a key member of the Commercial Finance team, this role will report into the Senior Finance Manager for Ancillaries and Marketing. The Ancillary & Marketing Finance team own the delivery of Business Partnering for various Commercial teams, covering a wide range of revenue initiatives, marketing campaigns, and investments in digital and the customer proposition. The team consists of 4 people and reports to the Head of Commercial Finance.
The CORE programme is one of the most high-profile transformational programmes in the business and its key aim is to enable the business to claim its role as an industry disruptor by building a more innovative, agile customer-centric and digitally enabled airline. As Finance Manager you will ensure the high expectations around cost control and benefits delivery are met.
- To provide a true Finance Business Partner framework to a critical business transformation programme in CORE - ensuring that the programme owner and teams are always supported with the right insight and information
- Deliver high quality regular reporting, financial plans, analysis, and insights, together with insightful commentary, and corrective actions
- Own the benefits phasing, delivery, and tracking vs business case, whilst managing the programme budgeted cost and revenue plan
- Holding the programme team to account on the financial performance and delivery, highlighting any areas of concern / opportunity to the plan in a timely fashion
- Provide support, insight and challenge to programme leads in the evaluation of the programme delivery, highlighting risks and opportunities, delivering robust and well thought through business cases, analysis and projection
- Collaboratively work with Commercial teams to deliver revenue and margin improvements through a clearly defined product roadmap and identifying key threats, opportunities, and remedial action
- Month end reporting, strategic and annual planning, weekly forecasts and providing insightful analysis and updates for the business throughout the course of the programme
Provides a true Business Partner framework to the CORE workstream, ensuring that the business owners are always supported with the right insight and information. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Provides financial support managing:
- Budget and Outlook
- Development of initiatives and tracking delivery
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- SteerCo / InvestCo Submissions
- Weekly P&L re-forecasting
- Business case evaluation and decision support
- 5 year plan forecast
Business Performance and Analytical support:
- Providing monthly detailed analysis and insight into the progress of the programme
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as decision support for revenue driving initiatives
- Responsibility for accurate forecasting and meeting Investment Finance project forecasting deadlines.
- Working closely with the People team and PMO to track permanent headcount costs, recruitment, and resultant financial impact
- Develop reporting and driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Driving continuous improvements in the programme delivery processes
- Presentation pack detailing updates on finance performance of the programme to senior management (including development and review of InvestCo requests and presentation of management packs to SteerCo)
- Investor relations support for Results announcements
- Full time
Posted 14 Sep 2022
Closes 14 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Airline finance