- Lufthansa - 548 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
Your responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Provide and maintain the schedule for the supply of 'externally provided ' materials to meet production requirements, based on the master schedule.
- Day to day Work Order materials management.This includes 'sourcing' internally from stock or as required informing purchasing of requirements, Oversight of management of picks from stores and input to sourcing decisions from other live work Orders.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions and ensure that stock processes are set to be consistent with the production plan requirements.
- Understand, highlight and assess areas of materials risk, to minimise impact on production schedule and the delivery of the plan.
- Management of internal manufacturing requirements.
* All other duties as assigned or required.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Be part of our amazinf team!
Join our growing team of professionals in a dynamic working environment!
The ideal Material Planner should meet the following requirements:
- GCSE or Equivalent required.
- Degree or Equivalent in a relevant subject desirable.
- Apprenticeship desirable.
- Experience in Material planning.
- Experience within the aviation industry.
- Proven use of advanced interaction with ERP system.
- SAP Knowledge.
- Competent in Microsoft Office application.
- Knowledge of BoM, Route and fundamental production planning concepts (forward and backward scheduling / MRP).
- Understanding of LEAN / JIT / Process improvement techniques, ideally with some practical implementation experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
* Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to Apply
* Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
* Must be willing to work shifts.
* Company will not provide relocation assistance.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 13 Sep 2022
Closes 13 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer