Financial Control Analyst
- easyJet - 59 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
Financial Control Analyst
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 250 aircraft flying over 700 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 70 million passengers a year, we employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff
Responsibilities - implementation
General responsibility to support the Financial Controls Framework programme, including supporting in-scope processes, providing subject matter expertise on the overall SOX programme, design and operation of controls and monitoring remediation progress.
- Identify significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company's financial statements.
- Act as the key liaison with external advisors regarding the Financial Controls Framework programme, serving as the interface between advisors, the business, and the project team
- Support external advisors in performing walkthroughs and risk assessments with process owners and document/assess results to ensure adequate control design and identification of "key" controls
- Evaluate any gaps within the current control environment and existing policies and procedures, develop remediation plans to address gaps and make recommendations to optimise and standardise controls across the Group, and support in implementing remediation activities
- Work closely with the IT team on designing and implementing controls in existing IT applications and new system implementations
- Support group-wide control initiatives, such as implementation of software / tools, design and implementation of group-wide controls
- Support Finance teams to address the impact of changes in people, process and systems and proactively manage a changing control environment
- Coordinate with management and external auditors on controls testing, as appropriate
- Work with external advisors and Group Finance to implement an effective training/upskilling programme
Responsibilities - ongoing compliance
General responsibilities include gaining an understanding of the overall financial control environment, coordinating documentation requests and testing, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, and providing controls guidance for process and system changes.
- Assist in the annual financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process
- Update SOX documentation, including risk and controls matrices and process flowcharts, and evaluate controls as new systems are developed or processes change
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of SOX process documentation and process flowcharts
- Coordinate testing of key controls, track completion, monitor status and continuous follow up with business process owners
- Identify ongoing process/control deficiencies, recommend remediation plan, and monitor remediation progress
- Support the coordination with external auditors related to testing requests and issues
- Evaluate changes in process, people, and technology that may have an impact to internal control over financial reporting, document SOX impact and provide controls guidance and training, as required.
- Coordinate the quarterly SOX certification process
- Work with Internal Audit on SOX audit scoping and planning activities.
- Provide ongoing internal controls training to control owners
- Full time
Posted 12 Sep 2022
Closes 12 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Air traffic control