(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/diverse) @ AVIATAR (several locations) - (remote options possible)
- Lufthansa - 518 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
We're looking for someone to join our team of data engineers, developing new data pipelines and scaling the existing ones for a growing number of customers and use cases.
- We're using technologies like Python, Terraform, Kubernetes and Pub/Sub to run event-based data pipelines, processing millions of new data points every day on the Google Cloud Platform.
- We're rolling out new features multiple times a day through fully automated Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines, including code reviews and automated tests.
- We take responsibility for the full DevOps cycle, but thanks to managed cloud services and automation, we spend most of our time actually working on new features and architecture optimisations, rather than responding to ops issues.
And if this sounds like an exciting environment to work in, we haven't even mentioned benefits like standby flying for your work/life balance yet. Let's talk!
Lufthansa Technik AG
E-mail address for inquiries
Old-age provision / employee retirement, Financial consulting / social counseling, Profit sharing / LVV (bonus), Free parking, Lufthansa shares, Flight privileges, Canteen (subsidized by employer), Jobticket, Service phone, Support for relocation, Discounts / shopping, Employee events (summer festivals, participation in sports competitions etc), Sabbatical / exemptions, Part-time models, Hybrid working possible, Family days (family learns workplace know), Flexible working hours, Development programs, Binding program / network program, Doctor's office, Fitness studio / sports facilities / company football etc., Have a shower
Behind the scenes
Team Technik is waiting for you.
AVIATAR is Lufthansa Technik's digital "corporate start-up". We develop data and engineering driven software solutions for airline's technical operations. Our international agile teams develop and operate every step of the way - from data acquisition to prediction and optimization solutions.
Team Technik is waiting for you.
We love flying, travelling and exploring the world! If you share our passion, join us.
This position allows for a high remote component with occasional presence at our main location in Hamburg.
- completed degree in computer science or a related subject
- at least two years of experience in data engineering (setting up and operating data pipelines in big data/analytics environments)
- at least one year of experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (GCP/Azure/AWS)
- experience in software development with Python, knowledge of tools such as Jupyter, VS Code, PyCharm, git, virtual environments, CLI
- knowledge of automated testing, CI/CD, build pipelines, monitoring
- confident application of DevOps/SRE principles
- experience with technologies such as Kubernetes/OpenShift, Docker, SQL/NoSQL databases, messaging (Pub/Sub, Kafka, Azure Event Hubs), Airflow, Apache Beam
- knowledge of event driven architectures beneficial
About Lufthansa Technik AG
Lufthansa Technik is the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services and modifications in the aviation industry. With more than 20,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of aircraft technology services to around 800 customers around the world. What makes us so successful? We do. The people at the Lufthansa Technik Group. Whether engineering, IT or logistics, first-year apprentice or highly specialized professional - we not only keep aviation in motion. We are working on its future every day. We are innovators, technoholics and those who think aviation forward. Our pioneering spirit discovers the next horizon even in the smallest detail. We are Aviationeers. What about you?
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2022
Closes 8 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager