- Lufthansa - 522 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
The responsibilities and duties of this position include (but not limited to):
- Works with Production, Production Control & Central Material Management functions (Supply Coordinator) to achieve on-time completion of Events as it pertains to Material availability at minimum (logistics) costs.
- Challenge, screen and support Central Purchasing Unit in material requests clarifications and finding local alternative options involving Production and Engineering (e.g. optional repairs, alternative P/N's, deferrals etc).
- Liaising with Central Material Management functions to develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and services looking for opportunities to establish partnerships with suppliers with the aim to reduce price and leads times.
- Perform technical tasks that the manager appoints the employee.
* Perform all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Do not hesitate and apply now! Start your professional career with us!
We'd love to welcome you to our amazing team!
The ideal Material Coordinator must fulfill the following requirements:
- Technical/Aviation background, preferably university degree.
- Professional experience with aircraft maintenance and overhaul of minimum 3 years.
- Good knowledge of other logistics processes (planning & purchasing, warehouse, transport).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Computer literate, preferably SAP knowledge.
- Good commercial experience and sound financial awareness.
- Sound project management experience.
- Good IT skills particularly Excel.
- This role is largely office based and manual handling (e.g. shipping, packaging and unpacking of parcels/supplies) may be required on occasion.
* Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to Apply
* Company will not provide relocation assistance.
* Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2022
Closes 8 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Airline manager