Shot Peening Technician
- Lufthansa - 548 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
Your main tasks include, among others:
- To understand technical drawings and have a good knowledge of the different methods and intensities of shot peen. Be able to work to and within an EASA 145 standard.
- To inspect and stamp work carried out and to highlight any quality problems encountered.
- Have knowledge of safety standards in a shot peen and grit blast environment.
- Must be able to work alone within a confined area (not claustrophobic).
- Responsible for actions related to the COMAH emergency plan and any other requirements necessary to comply with the successful implementation of the COMAH plan.
- To keep production flow to an optimum supplying the plating shop with parts and prioritising the incoming parts from N.D.T.
- You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book.
* All other duties as assigned or required.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Health Plan, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Taking Off with Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services!
Come and join the fascinating airline industry!
The ideal Shot Peening Technician must fulfill the following requirements:
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Experience of working in an Engineering environment
- Experience of working in Shot peening to SOPM requirements
- Experience of Grit Blasting
- Contact with various greases and oils
- Training and use of overhead cranes
- The job requires the applicant to understand manual handling
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- The position involves the of ovens
- The position involves the use of complex machinery
- The position and process involves lifting heavy aircraft components
*Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to Apply
*Company will not provide relocation assistance
*Must possess a legal work permit in U.K
*Must be willing to work shifts
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 5 Sep 2022
Closes 5 Oct 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic