Lead Power Plant Engineer
- GE Aviation - 465 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
We support work life balance, and we are committed to LEAN training and application, using six sigma for decision making and analysis. This is an opportunity to be closely involved with engines at test and assembly and grow your skills.
In this role you gain valuable experience and expertise related to engine assembly and test. You will enjoy being a member of a team of technical experts who solve complex issues.
- Support engine sickbay meetings to resolve production test yield issues. This will involve troubleshooting of issues from design, part manufacturing, assembly, and test. In addition to production, provide test support to GE Overhaul shops as needed.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Develop presentation skills and participate in product line reviews and technical reviews.
- Learn the proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Chance to work on complex technological solutions with team of experts.
- Supports or presents product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks, and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE.
- Opportunities to communicate recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- 1-3 years of experience in Production Process and Equipment.
- Engineering degree
- Six sigma certifications
- Some foundational knowledge of engine assembly and operation
- Awareness/experience in use of analytical skills and demonstrated leadership
- Previous experience communicating and/or working with various engineering groups, Dynamics, Performance, Mechanical Systems
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 27 Aug 2022
Closes 25 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager