Fleet Engineer- Avionic Systems
- easyJet - 59 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 27 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
We're Europe's leading airline - with a network of over 1000 routes across 35 countries. ? We lead the industry in data, digital, web, Engineering and operational innovations, to make travel easier and great value for our customer.
We take sustainability seriously. We're acting on carbon now, as the first and only major airline in the world to offset 100% of our direct carbon emissions as well as stimulating the development of radical new technologies to ultimately achieve zero-emissions flying in the future.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
The Fleet Engineering Airframe Systems is part of the Fleet Technical Management department. The Avionics Systems Team comprises of 6 team members. You will be liaising with internal EZY departments and External vendors to full fill the EASA part M/Part CAMO requirements including reduction of Maintenance and Modification costs following EasyJet's "Our Plan" strategy.
The Fleet Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and Team Leader Avionics & Technical Publications
You will be able to work cross functionally with all departments ensuring complete integration with company operating policy. You will establish and develop working relationships with aircraft, system/equipment manufacturers to ensure continued airworthiness to improve aircraft availability and system reliability whilst liaising with the Airworthiness Regulator's as required. The assessment and reaction of manufactures technical information will be monitored.
Your responsibilities will include the maintenance of easy Jet's Continuous Airworthiness obligations as required by EASA Part 'M'/Part CAMO, focusing on the maximisation of safety, reliability, and value. You will ensure all aircraft and systems operate safely and efficiently and will be responsible for managing the software configuration of systems on board easyJet's aircraft.
- Provide trouble-shooting assistance to maintenance or external workshop for Aircraft-on-Ground (AOG), Out-of-Service (OOS) events or for specific requests.
- To develop procedures / work instructions to support troubleshooting activities or to resolve long term reliability issues.
- Manage the software configuration of systems on board easyJet's aircraft.
- Assume responsibility for, and provide comprehensive assessment of all Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Vendor Bulletins, Service Information Letters, Modification leaflets, PART 21 mods and all other technical documentation applicable to easy Jet aircraft or Components.
- Produce Engineering Orders (job Instruction cards) or work instructions to accomplish the recommended course of action for the technical documents assessed on EZY aircraft including EOL and A/C take on.
- To interface with and / or provide assistance to any relevant department, either within Engineering or the wider easyJet business, for modification programmes, software updates or for specific requests.
- Provide assistance to other departments so as to ensure that the easyJet fleet remain in compliance with all Airworthiness Directives and Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Provide repetitive and recurrent defect analysis to support the company's Reliability and Maintainability programmes.
- Assume responsibility for and ensure that all Occurrence and Audit reports are addressed in a timely manner.
- Establish and develop working relationships with aircraft, system and equipment manufacturers to ensure continued airworthiness and to improve aircraft availability and system reliability.
- Develop and enhance processes and procedures to ensure and improve aircraft availability, system reliability and Maintenance Programme Development.
- To represent easyJet at OEM and industry meetings to support the Technical Development of the Fleet.
- Full time
Posted 3 Aug 2022
Closes 2 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Product support