Lead Engineer - Power Electronics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an Accredited College and or University
- Minimum 3 Experience in an Engineering environment
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Electrical Power Systems and/or Electrical components.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Project management: demonstrated ability to lead programs/ projects though planning, marketing and development, and execution phases.
- Demonstrated ability to generate detailed system and component hardware and test specifications, Interface Control Documents, work with partners and customers to optimize requirements and deliverables.
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation and conversion products, aviation electrical power system, high frequency electro-magnetic design, embedded controls for power electronics, and transient/dynamic electric system theory and analysis.
- Prior work experience in electrical component design, controls, testing and troubleshooting of electrical power systems using modeling and simulation analysis tools such as Spice, Matlab, Simulink, PLECS, etc.
- Prior experience developing and implementing digital data bus architectures and (e.g. RS-422, ARINC429, CAN)
- Expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element design and implementation of magnetics and capacitors for pulse width modulated converters.
- Strong technical background in mechanical and thermal design, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) of electric propulsion systems.
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft and/or engine control system certification (e.g. 14 CFR 33.28), and power systems control theory with embedded DSP and FPGA based controllers.
- Strong technical background in military and commercial qualification specifications (such specifications include MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and DO-311).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origi
- Full time
Posted 3 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer